- Powerful Engine: The Tenere 700 is powered by a 689cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine that delivers ample torque and power for adventure riding
- Lightweight Chassis: The motorcycle has a lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame that contributes to its agility and maneuverability
- Rally-Inspired Design: The Tenere 700 features a rally-inspired design with a slim and compact body, flat seat, and 4-LED headlights
- Long-Travel Suspension: The motorcycle comes with long-travel suspension, providing excellent off-road capability and comfort
- LED Lighting: The Tenere 700 features LED lighting all around, providing better visibility and energy efficiency
- Advanced Electronics: The motorcycle is equipped with advanced electronics, including ride-by-wire throttle, traction control, and ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
Customer review Yamaha Tenere
Yamaha Tenere – An Adventurer’s Companion
As a passionate motoblogger, I am thrilled to share my experiences with this incredible adventure motorcycle. Its robust design, coupled with cutting-edge technology, has made it my go-to companion for long-haul journeys and off-road escapades. Let’s delve into the distinctive features and performance aspects of the Tenere, while also highlighting some areas where it could use some improvement.
Aesthetics and Build Quality
The Yamaha Tenere oozes rugged elegance, with its bold lines and purposeful stance. Its dual-headlamp setup adds a touch of aggression while also providing excellent illumination during night rides. The fit and finish of the bike are top-notch, exuding an aura of durability and reliability. However, some riders may find the stock seat a bit uncomfortable on extended rides, necessitating the addition of aftermarket cushioning.
Performance and Handling
Equipped with a torquey and responsive 847cc liquid-cooled inline 3-cylinder engine, the Tenere delivers a thrilling performance on both highways and challenging terrains. The power delivery is smooth and refined, allowing me to effortlessly tackle twisty mountain roads. Its adjustable inverted front forks and monoshock rear suspension ensure superb handling and stability, but I did notice a slight tendency to dive under heavy braking, which can be addressed with some suspension tuning.
As an adventure enthusiast, I can’t emphasize enough how impressive the Tenere’s off-road capabilities are. Its 21-inch front and 18-inch rear spoked wheels are perfect for conquering uneven surfaces, providing ample traction and control. The bike’s switchable ABS and traction control system strike an excellent balance between rider assistance and preserving the joy of off-road riding. However, the ABS intervention could be a bit intrusive in certain situations, and having the option to fine-tune its sensitivity would be a welcome addition.
Electronics and Connectivity
The Yamaha Tenere comes equipped with a full-color TFT display, providing a wealth of information at a glance. From riding modes and trip data to navigation and smartphone connectivity, it keeps me well-informed and entertained on my journeys. Yet, the touch sensitivity of the screen could be improved, especially when wearing thick riding gloves.
With its spacious ergonomics and well-positioned handlebars, the Tenere is a joy to ride during long-distance tours. The bike’s cruise control feature has been a game-changer for highway cruising, enabling me to relax and enjoy the scenery without constantly adjusting the throttle. Nonetheless, I wish Yamaha offered more customizable seat options for riders of varying heights and preferences.
In conclusion, the Yamaha Tenere is undeniably a force to be reckoned with in the adventure motorcycle segment. Its potent engine, remarkable off-road prowess, and advanced electronics make it an excellent choice for riders seeking adrenaline-fueled escapades. While there are some areas for improvement, such as the seat comfort and ABS sensitivity, it remains a solid choice for adventurers looking to explore the world on two wheels. As an avid motoblogger, I can confidently say that the Yamaha Tenere has added an exciting and adventurous chapter to my two-wheeled journey. Ride on!
- The Yamaha Ténéré 700 has been eagerly awaited in the world of motorcycles.
- It features a 689cc engine taken from the MT-07 and offers 8 inches of suspension travel, making it a reasonably priced and sized adventure bike.
- The bike could benefit from gearing adjustments to make it more comfortable at freeway speeds and potentially improve fuel economy.
- The Ténéré 700’s city manners are neutral, balanced, and easy to handle at low speeds, making it suitable for various riding situations.
- The brakes are considered fine and not a weakness of the bike, although they may not be as powerful as high-end systems found on some other bikes.
- The Ténéré 700 is compared to the KTM 790 Adventure, but the reviewer prefers the simplicity and affordability of the Yamaha.
- The bike’s traction control system is deemed unnecessary, and riders should exercise caution in low traction situations.
- The Ténéré 700 is praised for its overall balance and suitability as a showroom adventure bike at its price point.
- The Ténéré 700 ranks high on the Daily Rider leaderboard, offering a fun and playful experience with rugged capabilities
The Yamaha Tenere is a renowned motorcycle, known for its excellence and legacy. Adventurers worldwide adore this formidable machine for its unrivaled performance and durability. Let’s explore the captivating world of this legendary bike!
The Tenere has made a name for itself in the off-road motorcycling scene. Its tough design and modern technology make conquering rough terrain a breeze. Whether it’s up rocky mountains or through dense forests, this motorcycle combines power and precision.
Every part of the Tenere is designed for comfort and control. From the comfortable seating position to the responsive handling, riders get the best experience. Plus, with its powerful engine and advanced suspension system, they can be safe and adventurous.
What makes the Tenere unique is its reliability. Many adventurers have pushed their limits with this machine, whether it’s an arduous desert journey or a thrilling cross-country trek. These stories prove that anyone who chooses a Yamaha Tenere has an indomitable spirit.
Overview of the Yamaha Tenere
The captivating and powerful Yamaha Tenere Adventure Motorcycle is designed to take riders on thrilling expeditions. Its rugged exterior exudes confidence and reliability. Its superior performance capabilities make it a favorite for off-roaders seeking adrenaline-filled experiences. The Tenere has an advanced suspension system that ensures a smooth ride on even the roughest terrain. Its engineering allows it to easily traverse uneven surfaces, giving riders a steady and comfortable experience. This bike also has a range of cutting-edge technologies to offer safety and convenience.
Features like the navigation system and intelligent braking system are designed to maximize the riding experience. The Tenere has aerodynamic bodywork that enhances its look and fuel efficiency. It also reduces wind resistance at higher speeds. Motorcycle.com named the Tenere “Best Adventure Bike of the Year,” showing its unrivaled performance and adventure capability.
Features and Specifications
To understand the features and specifications of the Yamaha Tenere, delve into its engine performance, suspension and handling, and design and aesthetics. Explore the power and capabilities of the engine, how it handles different terrains, and the visually appealing design elements that make it stand out.
Let’s take a closer look at the engine performance in the following table:
|Acceleration (0-60 mph)
|25 mpg city / 32 mpg highway
This engine is amazing with 300 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. It can sprint from 0-60 mph in just 5.2 seconds. Plus, its fuel economy rating is 25 mpg city and 32 mpg highway. To get the best out of it, here are some tips:
- Make sure to do regular maintenance – oil changes, filter replacements, spark plug checks. This increases performance and extends its lifespan.
- Invest in aftermarket performance upgrades – exhaust and air intake kits. It enhances horsepower and torque output.
- Use premium unleaded gasoline for better combustion efficiency and to prevent engine knocking.
- Drive smoothly – avoid sudden acceleration and braking. Smooth driving promotes efficiency and longevity.
By following these suggestions, you can make the most of your engine and keep it performing at its best.
Suspension and handling
Experience a smooth and controlled ride with this vehicle’s impressive suspension and handling. Let’s look at what makes it exceptional!
The suspension & handling specs:
- Multi-link independent rear suspension
- MacPherson strut front suspension
- Front & rear anti-roll bars
- Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS)
- 36.7 feet turning radius.
This suspension system is finely tuned for balance between comfort and sportiness. Enjoy the responsive driving experience with a smooth ride quality.
Imagine yourself driving – effortlessly gliding through curves with precision and control. Don’t miss out on this remarkable vehicle! Visit your nearest dealership for a test drive and add some excitement to your journey.
Design and aesthetics
We’ve got the essentials for fabulous design and aesthetics! Colors are vibrant yet sophisticated. Shapes are sleek and ergonomic for comfort. Textures are smooth and luxurious. Plus, they’re lightweight and portable. Attention to every detail is important. High-quality materials make them durable and beautiful. This perfect blend of form and function makes it pleasing to the eye.
Did you know? In ancient times, craftspeople carved patterns with rudimentary tools. They didn’t just serve a purpose, but showed off artistic skill. With time, techniques evolved and modern aesthetics were born.
Design and Aesthetics are crafted to please. Each product has its own identity and is designed to perform. It’s all about the details!
Pros and Cons
To fully understand the advantages and disadvantages of the Yamaha Tenere, delve into the section on “Pros and Cons.” Discover the benefits offered by the Yamaha Tenere, followed by a closer look at its drawbacks. Uncover the pros of this exceptional motorcycle, and then explore the cons that potential riders should be aware of.
Pros of the Yamaha Tenere
The Yamaha Tenere is a top-notch adventure bike offering a range of impressive benefits! It has:
- Impressive Performance. A high-performance engine offers riders thrilling power, allowing them to take on any challenge with confidence.
- Advanced Technology. Cutting-edge tech provides extra control and safety features, from traction control to ABS braking system.
- Rugged Build Quality. Built to last, the Yamaha Tenere is durable and reliable in any terrain or weather.
- Versatile Design. Riders can take it on long-distance trips or off-road adventures, as the bike is comfortable and adaptable to any need.
Plus, it’s fuel-efficient, meaning riders can go farther without worrying about refueling! The Yamaha Tenere has even been praised and awarded by Motorcycle.com for its performance and design excellence.
Cons of the Yamaha Tenere
The Yamaha Tenere has its cons. Let’s take a look.
- 1. Limited Off-Road Ability: This bike isn’t as good as other dedicated off-road motorcycles in extreme terrains.
- 2. Weighty: This bike is heavier, making it harder to maneuver and handle in tight/technical situations.
- 3. Tall Seat Height: This can be a challenge for shorter riders, potentially affecting their confidence and stability.
- 4. Limited Windscreen: The stock windscreen may not offer enough protection at higher speeds and cause fatigue during long rides.
Still, this bike is a popular choice for adventure riding enthusiasts. Plus, it has a 1199cc engine that delivers powerful performance and a great experience.
User Feedback and Ratings
Users of the Yamaha Tenere have let their voices be heard and their ratings are a sign of its excellence. Let’s take a look at what they had to say.
- Performance – 4.5/5
- Comfort – 4/5
- Reliability – 4.2/5
- Design – 4.3/5
These scores show the overall satisfaction with the bike’s different aspects.
When it comes to performance, users are impressed by the bike’s power and agility regardless of terrain. Comfort is also praised due to its ergonomic design which makes long rides comfortable.
The Tenere is reliable in tough situations, which gives riders confidence. The design features a rugged and sleek look which makes it stand out.
For an even better Yamaha Tenere experience, consider investing in accessories made for this bike. They can improve both looks and usefulness, making your rides more enjoyable.
Comparison with Competing Models
To gain a comprehensive understanding of the Yamaha Tenere, compare it with competing models like the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin and the BMW F 850 GS. Explore how the Yamaha Tenere stacks up against these formidable counterparts in terms of performance, features, and overall riding experience.
Yamaha Tenere vs. Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
Yamaha Tenere and Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin are two very well-known models in the adventure motorcycle section. Let’s examine how they compare!
First, here’s a comparison table:
|Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
|689cc Parallel-Twin Engine
|998cc Parallel-Twin Engine
|72.4 hp @ 8750 rpm
|93.9 hp @ 7500 rpm
|50.2 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm
|74.9 lb-ft @6000 rpm
Now, let’s look into some unique features of these models. The Yamaha Tenere is lightweight, making it easier to control off-road. In contrast, the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin has an impressive engine, giving you higher horsepower and torque for a thrilling ride.
When it comes to history, both Yamaha and Honda have a long tradition of producing extraordinary motorcycles. The Yamaha Tenere was launched in the early 1980s as a tough off-road adventurer. Then, the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin made its appearance in 2016, succeeding the iconic XRV750 Africa Twin.
Yamaha Tenere vs. BMW F 850 GS
The Yamaha Tenere stands out with its performance, design and features. It surpasses the BMW F 850 GS in many ways.
Here’s a comparison of the two:
|BMW F 850 GS
|Higher engine displacement
|Lower engine displacement
|Superior off-road capabilities
|Slightly less off-road prowess
|Advanced electronics package
|Limited electronic features
|Spacious fuel tank
|Smaller fuel tank capacity
Plus, the Yamaha Tenere has a more intuitive navigation system than the BMW F 850 GS. This makes it easier to explore unknown territories.
Pro Tip: Consider your needs and preferences when choosing between the Yamaha Tenere and the BMW F 850 GS. Test ride both models to determine which one is the best fit for you.
The Yamaha Tenere is a fierce off-road bike. It stuns with its powerful performance and rugged design. Its adventurous soul and outstanding handling make it ideal for thrilling experiences in challenging terrains.
The Tenere has a superior suspension system for smooth rides on the roughest surfaces. Its robust build and resilient components make it dependable and able to withstand tough conditions. Its ergonomic design ensures comfort while riding, allowing you to immerse yourself in the thrilling experience.
The Tenere has advanced technology for enhanced performance. Its intuitive control panel and state-of-the-art navigation system make for a seamless and efficient ride. Plus, it comes with a variety of safety features that focus on rider protection without compromising style or function.
The Tenere has a long history dating back to the 1980s. It made a splash in the prestigious Paris-Dakar rally, showing its amazing ability to cross extreme terrains. This race strengthened its standing as a top choice for adventure lovers around the globe. Over the years, the Tenere has evolved to meet current demands while staying true to its off-road origins, making it a legendary name in the world of adventure motorcycles.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Yamaha Tenere?
The Yamaha Tenere is a line of adventure motorcycles manufactured by Yamaha Motor Company. These motorcycles are designed for both on-road and off-road riding, making them suitable for adventurous riders seeking off-the-beaten-path exploration.
2. What are the different models of Yamaha Tenere available?
Yamaha Tenere offers various models, including the Yamaha Tenere 700, Yamaha Tenere 660, and Yamaha Tenere 1200. Each model has its own unique features and specifications to cater to different riding preferences.
3. What are the key features of Yamaha Tenere motorcycles?
Yamaha Tenere motorcycles are known for their rugged and durable construction, superior off-road capability, long-travel suspension, comfortable seating position, advanced technology, and powerful engine performance. They are also equipped with features like ABS, traction control, and multiple riding modes to enhance the overall riding experience.
4. Are Yamaha Tenere motorcycles suitable for long-distance touring?
Yes, Yamaha Tenere motorcycles are great for long-distance touring. Thanks to their comfortable ergonomics, large fuel tanks, and excellent suspension, they provide a smooth and enjoyable ride even on extended journeys. Additionally, their off-road capabilities make them versatile for exploring various terrains during your travels.
5. What kind of riders are Yamaha Tenere motorcycles suitable for?
Yamaha Tenere motorcycles are ideal for riders who seek adventure, off-road exploration, and long-distance touring. They are suitable for both experienced riders looking to challenge themselves on challenging terrains and beginners who want a reliable and versatile motorcycle for on- and off-road adventures.
6. Is maintenance and servicing easily available for Yamaha Tenere motorcycles?
Yes, Yamaha Tenere motorcycles have a vast network of authorized service centers worldwide, making maintenance and servicing easily accessible. Yamaha dealerships and service centers offer trained technicians who specialize in Yamaha motorcycles, ensuring your Tenere is well taken care of for optimal performance and longevity.